Easy Vegetable Marinade
- Prepare various fresh vegetables (bite-sized cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, celery, etc.)
- Place in flat dish with lid
- Mix marinade ingredients: 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp dill
- Pour marinade over vegetables. Refrigerate overnight; stir occasionally.
This has gone over really well at several parties. The vegetables take on a pretty sheen, especially the broccoli, and have a crisp, fresh taste.
from Shelley Hess, March 2007
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1 can cut yellow beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 chopped green or red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped to 1/4″ square
Mix 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup oil. Blend with beans, etc. Refrigerate several hours, to 3 days.
Can substitute Splenda for sugar. One of my dad’s favorites, and this is a great colorful Christmas side dish.